Thursday, January 12, 2006

Jack (Bounce)back



Today we have an ill-advised rebound marriage from a strange quarter. I never thought I'd find myself writing about Jack Black in the same breath as Renee Zellweger but here we are.

Jack is going to marry animator Tanya Haden. He's even bought her a $220,000 engagement ring. Congratulations and all that. And how long have they been together? Well, since Jack split from longtime girlfriend Laura Kightlinger in September. There might have even been some overlap. After eight years with Laura, he went straight into another serious relationship. Is there some sort of abstract malfunction in the celebrity mind? Do they not understand the concept of single?

I can only assume that Jack has picked up a few celeb ways now that he's hit the big time. Next he'll be adopting orphans, wearing hotpants and getting surgery. Dear God, let's hope not.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

As we know, many celebrities are needy, lack confidence, lack identity, live in the moment, are devastated by rejection, hate to lose face, etc. In short, as we know, they are like many of us. A key difference is: they have the time, freedom, access and resources to act/react quickly and to generate immediate results. For instance, don't you think you could generate just a little bit of immediate interest in just about anybody who crossed your path with a $220,000 engagement ring?

2:40 pm  
Blogger Pokey said...

I wish Jack Black would propose to me, I want a $220,000 ring. That would look awesome on my finger.

4:04 pm  
Blogger Rocky (Racquel) said...

Damn it - I have always dug ol' JB. I only hope it was Laura who kicked his sorry ass to the curb.

4:46 pm  
Blogger Mia said...

The Hollywood virus has taken yet another victim.
Poor Jack there is no known cure for that sickness, it makes you marry the first person you see after a break up. It is a longterm sickness that only seems to happen to famous people. The longterm result will be many relationships,engagements, weddings and divorces and days of identity crisis and not to forget loss of fans.

10:31 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

I heart FeedBurner