Friday, January 05, 2007

Tumble and fall

Does this sound like grovelling to you? Because, from where I'm sitting, it does. In an address to her 'fans' on her website, Britney claims to be more mature and 'free'. I think we can all safely say that she's free with her underwear choices and her consumption of alcohol. As for mature? I've seen pieces of Stilton with more maturity.

Apparently, with the media turning on her and a terrible new album, Britney is finally getting on her knees before her dwindling fans. And no, not like that. Not yet anyway. Come back after the new album has been released and Britney might well have to start turning tricks of a different kind.

Dear Fans,

It has been a while since I've addressed you personally here on my official website. The last couple of years have been quite a ride for me, the media has criticized my every move and printed a skewed perception of who I really am as a human being. Behind every decision I have made in my public life there always seems to be an apparent contradiction. I have come to terms with that which is why I usually don't pay much attention to it.

The last couple of years have been very enlightening for me and now that I've had the time to be "me," I've been able to sit down and think about where I want to go with myself as an entertainer with absolutely no strings attached. I am now more mature and feel like I am finally "free." I've been working so hard on this new album and I can't wait for you all to hear it and to go on tour again! I would like to exclusively tell you that I am working hard to release the new album sometime later this year, but the date is of course not certain yet. I look forward to coming back this year bigger and better than ever, and to also reaching out to my fans on a more personal level. I noticed today that one of my biggest fansites is shutting down soon and I want you all to know that I do understand all the reasons that went behind making that decision, and I am sad to see it closing. If I were you I'd be unhappy too if I had to read what I've been reading every day. But trust me, I get it. I know I've been far from perfect and the media has had a lot of fun exaggerating my every move, but I want you all to know that I love my fans so much, and I appreciate everything you have done for me, so Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!

Love,
Britney

http://www.britneyspears.com/

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

As I predicted, Britney would go into hiding mode about this time, something she does annually. Her "winter person" personna is so powerful that she flips out every winter, goes crazy and does weird and wild things. During this period, you can get her to do anything. Then she gets contrite and goes into hiding mode. By summer, the dazzling power, talent and charisma of the archetypal winter person comes to the fore. We shall see.

7:07 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gah she is working her self down and not up...All I got to say to her about that is 'Brit we know you have a strange view on the world but you are one of few who willingly would want to be white trash'...I hope she disaper from the public eye soon because she is rather disgusting, hell her exhusband K-Fed is starting to look good in the light of what she has been up to the last months and that is not good...

1:05 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really hope her little sister don't tries to become like her it would be such a waste...

1:07 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

I heart FeedBurner