Thursday, December 07, 2006

I Walk The Line

Who needs uptight parents, snotty neighbours or even a divorce court judge when you've got the tabloid press to question your morals? And Britney Spears has certainly been caught in the full beam of its disapproval over the last few weeks. After relentless hounding by journalists who love her (for their circulation figures) and hate her (oo, she's such a slut and leading our young people astray with her lack of moral fibre but, hey, that's good for our circulation figures too), Britney has retired from the party circuit. You can't help but feel she's been forced to do it. Why would she put her slippers on and settle down for a night of TV when she could be out partying with Paris Hilton with no knickers on? She's young, she's recently single and she's rich - all the ingredients for a few months of wildness and pubic nudity. Instead, she's issued a statement on her website justifying her behaviour. What are the chances that she actually wrote that? Or even meant it? Slim, as slim in fact as one layer of fabric separating Britney's bare arse from her car seat.

"It's been so long since I've been out on the town with friends. It's also been 2 years since I've even celebrated my birthday. Every move I make at this point has been magnified more than I expected, and I probably did take my new found freedom a bit too far.

Anyway, thank God for Victoria Secrets' new underwear line! I look forward to a new year, new music and a new me.

I'm just getting started …. Happy Holidays everyone!"

http://www.britneyspears.com/

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

I heart FeedBurner