Friday, December 30, 2005

Mrs Urban





What is it about Christmas that makes celebs get wedding fever? Is it the thought of all those future Christmases alone, with nothing for company but the TV and 50 stray cats? Whatever it is, then Tori Spelling and Dean McDermott are not alone in their premature marital plans. It seems that Nicole Kidman is going to tie the knot with country singer and highlight lover (check out his streaky hair) Keith Urban this weekend.

At least these two have actually been seeing each other since January, which in celeb world puts them on a par with Joanne Woodward and Paul Newman (married for 40+ years). But there is a touch of sour grapes about this. Tom Cruise does his religious gay mindmeld on Katie Holmes and gets her pregnant? And wants to marry her next year? Then clearly Nicole has to get married before him.

The one big consolation for Nicole must be that Keith might be shorter than her but at least he doesn't trampoline on chatshow sofas or go around mouthing off about anti-depressants. Any comparison with Tom Cruise makes Keith seem resoundingly well-balanced and attractive (apart from those ratty streaks, of course).

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Call me stodgy, but it rubs me the wrong way that someone from another country is coming over to the United States to sing our country songs...with an American accent! What a faker, just cashing in on our tradition.

6:41 pm  
Blogger Heidi the Hick said...

you know what, streaks or not, he's hot stuff and a hell of an artist. I don't care where he's from; most country singers are totally all hat and no cattle. Kenny Chesney, hello? Ah, Greasy Keith. Good score Nicole.

6:46 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If Jennifer Aniston was a man she would look like Keith Urban, if she was lucky.

He's a little too good-looking to be singing country. Can you imagine:
"I'm so good looking,
Have a great gal,
My hairs so purty,
I could just die."

It doesen't really work, does it?

10:34 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh dear, he looks like a gurlll!

11:12 pm  
Blogger Mouthy Girl said...

Hmmm what to say about this one....

Nothing. I've got nothing.

(Unless you want me to talk about how much I'd love to bitch slap Tom. I HATE that fool.)

2:40 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought he was Kelly Rowan until I noticed the dodgy facial hair.

11:12 pm  
Blogger Pokey said...

I think Keith is a cutie! I mean he is a little on the girly side, but oh well. Who cares where is from, he can still sing some country songs if he wants.

5:22 pm  
Blogger Rocky (Racquel) said...

My mama always says - never marry a man who's prettier than you are. You'll spend a lifetime fighting for the mirror!

5:30 pm  
Blogger Mia said...

'religious gay mindmeld' LOL
Nicer name to alien brainwashing...

And I am wondering if the stars really think that getting married to someone new some months after a break up or divorce really helps heal the emotional scars? It really seems that they do think it does.
The worst thing about that is when the new marrige fails after a short period they act suprised, anyone could have told them that it would happen. Does fame really make people stupid or is many of the stars born that way?

8:59 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

I heart FeedBurner